Monday, December 18, 2006

E-mail from Shane Dec. 17th:

My sister finagled me some wireless Internet access, so I thought I'd
give you all an update. I'm home now (well, at my mom's, actually),
and have been since last Wednesday. I've already seen an orthopedic
surgeon and a physical therapist. My prognosis is for a full recovery
in 6-9 months.

I still need assistance for pretty much everything, and will for
awhile. That's why I'm here at mom's; there's always someone from my
family here to look after me and Aleena. So far, every day is better
than the one before; I guess that's about all I can ask for now. My
wife's funeral was yesterday, and there was a lot of hectic stuff
trying to get going with the therapy here etc. But now it looks like
most of that is done and I can focus on resting and getting better.

I would like to thank you all for your prayers and well-wishes. I am
truly blessed with many great friends. I'll be back on more as I
recover, so you'll probably start seeing me back to my old self here
before too long. Physically, though, it's going to be months before
I'm out and getting things done. But it's great to finally be able to
tell you myself how I'm doing.

Again, thank you all. I've really had a good outpouring of support,
from my family, from Joey's, from the community, and of course from my fellow liberty activists. It makes the recovery so much easier. Thank
you so much!

1 Comments:

Blogger Podblack said...

I'm no longer a JREF member but heard via a mutual friend. Sending this on behalf of my husband and I, since we remember him fondly from TAM3. Sending to the Paypal account today, but more importantly we send our regards, sympathy and love.

Kiless.

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home